Wrap Yourself in His Love - St. Mark's Quilters
This Sunday, June 26, 2016, we will bless 138 quilts made by St. Mark's Quilters this past year. They made 128 standard size quilts and 10 baby quilts. Our quilters meet each Tuesday morning to make quilts for Lutheran World Relief. The time and work given to this outreach is an offering from the heart from each of these wonderful, faith-filled women. Please join us this Sunday as we bless these quilts and honor their gift.
When you make and send a quilt, you are not only comforting someone you have never met, but providing an object that is useful in ways you probably never imagined. The ultimate purpose of a quilt is to provide warmth, an essential need for people in every climate. 20% of the quilts stay in the US, the rest are used throughout the world. For more information about Lutheran World Relief visit http://lwr.org/ourwork
In addition to being a cozy, clean new bed cover, it can be:
- a baby carrier, tied around a mother’s back;
- a market display, spread on the ground and piled with vegetables;
- a sack for transporting those goods to market;
- a sunshade;
- a shawl; and most importantly
- a constant reminder that someone, far away, cares a lot.